Privacy and security
Privacy principles of HSBC Asset Management (India) Private Limited (AMIN)
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal information to other HSBC Group companies or agents, unless prohibited by laws and applicable regulations.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by prevailing law and regulations.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your privacy matters to us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this website and any of its pages (the 'Site').
In the ordinary course of business, AMIN collects, uses and shares personal information (as defined below) pertaining to its employees, its clients and others. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to conduct our operations and to deliver the highest level of service, but we also recognize that you expect us to treat this information appropriately.
Please also note that the HSBC Group provides financial products and services through its affiliated companies and branches located across the world. Privacy and personal data protection principles vary from one country to another. When you access or link to a Local Site, please read the privacy statement issued by the Local Site to determine the policies that apply to information or data maintained by the Local Site.
In this policy, “personal information” means any information relating to you that directly or indirectly in combination with other information that we have or are likely to obtain, which will help us to identify you. Examples of personal information include: your full name, e-mail, addresses, telephone numbers, photographs, all employment-related and compensation-related information, and government-issued identification numbers.
Sensitive personal data or information of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to passwords, financial information such as Bank account, credit card, debit card or other payment instrument details, medical records and history, information received by us for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect and process, certain personal information including sensitive personal information under applicable law through various modes for the conduct of our business. The same may be collected as a part of the application (whether in writing or electronically), from third parties under contract for processing or through an Internet "cookie" (an information collecting device from a web server). Also we obtain personal information through call recordings at our call center, Internet technology, including our site. Such information shall be collected, processed and stored and used by us, and passed to, transmitted to and processed by our subsidiaries and/or affiliates and other data processors, agents or service providers acting under a contract with us for the purpose identified in this policy.
Use of 'cookies' - Your visit to this Site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the Site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of 'cookies'. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved from the Site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you will be unable to access certain part(s) of our Site.
If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please contact us. We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request within 30 days and ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing promotions.
If we do ask you to provide personal information, we will always specify the purpose for which such personal information is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purpose specified at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this policy. Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with our affiliated companies worldwide for compliance, risk management and operational purposes and with non-affiliated service providers such as those providing professional, legal or accounting services/advice, subject to prevailing laws and regulations. All service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of such personal information and to use it only in the course of providing such services and only for the purposes authorized by us.
We may also disclose personal information to fulfill client instructions, or pursuant to your express consent. Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; for instance, when responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with organizations such as regulator, banks, exchanges and clearing house etc. We may also share your investment account and transaction details and other personal information with intermediaries, whose AMFI Registration Number (ARN) appear on your application or to any agent or third party service provider who provides custodial, client servicing, administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to us in connection with the operation of our business.
We assure you that any Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you is collected when the collection of such information is necessary and used by us for a lawful purpose connected with our function or activity.
We may retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which such information was collected or as is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force.
Information Security Practices and Procedures
HSBC MF limits access to personal information to authorized firm employees or agents and, as described above in Disclosing Personal Information, our service providers are held to stringent standards of privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure.
Some of the other central features of our information security program are:
- A dedicated group – the Information Security Risk Team – that designs, implements and provides oversight to our information security program'
- The use of specialized technology such as firewalls to prevent website against internet intrusion.
- Assurance that only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, have access to that sensitive personal data or information.
- Reviews of our Internet sites and services.
- Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorize access to various systems or sites;
- Protecting information during transmission through various means including, where appropriate, encryption used.
- Our security practices and procedures are commensurate with the information assets being protected in the nature of business we are in.
- Our web servers are protected behind 'firewalls' and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access. As the security of ordinary e-mail cannot be guaranteed, you should not send any confidential information to us using ordinary e-mail.
Breach of Internet Security
Despite our best efforts, if any unauthorized person breaches our security control measures resulting in site being hacked, presenting inaccurate information, loss of data etc., we will strive to put in place all corrective measures to address the same. However, HSBC MF, AMIN, its Trustees, Directors, Officers, Employees or Affiliates cannot be held responsible for such occurrences or for breach of security measures by its third parties or service providers.
Any grievances relating to use or handling of your sensitive personal data may be brought to our notice by writing to the Investor Relation Officer at the e-mail address give below:
Name: Ms Rheitu Bansal